Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Long Overdue...Surprise Visit!

I've been putting this off too long. Like exercise, the longer you procrastinate, the harder it becomes. Let me try to update the last month or so...

Elaine, Mike and Maya came into town unexpectedly a few weeks ago. It was great to see them, but we all wish the circumstances were a bit different. Mike's grandmother's illness prompted the suddent trip back to New England for them. They were all hoping to see her one last time before she passed away, which she did on Sunday. The funeral/wake aside, the Qualters were generally in high spirits considering the circumstances. Having Maya, and Peyton (the other grandchild) around helped, I'm sure.

Some pics...


Maya's dress for the funeral of her great-grandmother.


Maya and me chilling downstairs at my house.


Maya can totally walk just fine, but she kept insisting on being put in the walker. Go Figure.