Friday, December 12, 2008

I should've seen it coming

Last night we had a substantial ice storm throughout New England that left branches and trees all over the place, not to mention leaving thousands without power/electricity. Unfortunately, we were a victim, being the recipient of some large branches that have now nestled comfortably on the roof.

I sent an email out to some of my friends in AZ to let them know of my 3am debacle last night as my dad and I assessed the damage of the partially fallen tree on the roof.

Here is an email I received from Garrett, a friend in sunny AZ:

Sturgis,
I am glad that both you and I are all right. Last night and early this morning I also had a scare. I let the dogs out last night and as I stepped on the patio my feet got extremely cold. I hurried and rushed back inside to escape the 60 degree weather barely escaping frost bite. Then this morning as I approached my car I saw that it was frozen, luckily as I got closer I could see that what I thought was ice was in fact dry dust from the previous days 70 degree sunny day.

Looks like we both have guardian angels looking after us.

I will keep your family in my prayers, and please pray that is does not get below 40 degrees here because I may have to open my winter coat storage box and that would be an inconvenience.


I should've seen it coming.

2 comments:

Eric and Hayley said...

So I wanted to comment on your watch post, but the blog wasn't giving me the option...so it's going on this post instead. Do you remember the Kenneth Cole watch you got from test driving some car? I so remember how excited you were to get a free watch out of doing some test drives...then shortly thereafter you ended up buying your Maxima? Loved that car! Thanks for letting me drive her:)

Chris said...

Of course, I remember that. Yeah, I loved that Maxima...I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Hope you and Eric are doing wonderful.