Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Shed" - ing some light on storage

For years, the garage has been filled with garden tools, automotive miscellanea, and other randomness. Does anyone have a tidy garage that is not filled with years of accumulated stuff? I can't even remember a time when there was actually a car in the garage!

When my dad agreed a shed would be a good idea, I jumped on researching shed designs, prices, etc. Initially I wanted to build it myself, by after pricing them out, it just wasn't worth my time to save a few hundred bucks when you can buy from a place that specializes in building/installing sheds. I was thinking something in the 8x10 range would work, but dad wanted bigger. Could I complain? It's his money!

The new 10x18 shed:


They build most of the shed in a warehouse and then assembly it on sight. They were only in my yard for about 3 hours!






Windows facing the garden (and the sun)!


I've since added a few latches that lock via heavy-duty pad-locks. Additionally, all the expensive tools, machinery are locked together inside the shed.

Now that the shed is up and functional, one of my next projects it to repaint the entire garage, get a new garage door with a garage opener, and redo some shelving. AND....drum roll please.....park an actual vehicle in the garage (which will come in very handle during these wintry New England winters)!

No comments: