Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nice to Mitt you!

I try really hard not to like Mitt Romney simply because I don't want to be cast into the same group of people who like him because they share some insignificant commonalities - BYU grad, Mormon, his ties to Massachusetts and Utah, etc. But no matter how hard I try, I'm convinced he should be President. I understand his reasoning, respect his King Midas touch on past business ventures, and believe his policies will be best for America.

I had known about his book tour for some time now, and marked the Manchester, NH date on my calendar weeks ago. I arrived at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at St. Anselm's College at 6:15pm eagerly looking forward to getting a great seat for his 7pm speech, only to find out his speech began at 5:30pm!!! I was thoroughly disappointed that I missed his speech, but I did catch the tail end of his Q & A session. Thank goodness I decided to get there early, otherwise I might have missed the entire session!

Recently I purchased his book, No Apology, but haven't yet begun to read it. (I committed to finishing the two books I'm currently reading before I start any new books). I was only in line about 20 minutes before I was able to meet him and I must say I was quite nervous. The meeting was brief. I simply told him I was a big supporter, had him sign my copy of his book, and asked for a picture. The entire encounter was probably less than a minute, but well worth the wait and the drive up to Manchester.

I'm well aware of the hoards or Obama faithful out there (including my own sisters!) so I need to watch what I say, but I can't wait for an opportunity to see Mitt run for President (again!) in 2012!



The tail end of Q & A.


Waiting in line...




I was so nervous to finally get to Mitt's table!

No comments: