Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Out and About in the Bay State

Even though I grew up in the northern part of Mass before a 10 year hiatus out west and overseas, it never ceases to amaze me what is practically in my backyard. I had been to Gloucester before for a whale watching trip, but I've never really taken the opportunity to drive along the coast of northeastern Mass. Until last Sunday that is. We tried to get larger numbers for our adventure, but ultimately just three of us ended up going - myself, Lumina, and Rene. We drove to the Beverly/Salem area and then pretty much drove on route 127 along the coast passing, Beverly, Magnolia, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Gloucester and a handful of other quaint little New England towns. We made random stops here and there and played the trip by ear. Here are a few pictures in no particular order:


I have no idea what this truck was for, but Lumina wanted a picture by it.


Rene manning the life-guard station






Lumina enjoying the ocean breeze!






Gloucester






No fish.




Resting.



2 comments:

MamaD said...

It's so sad that we have had all that beautiful scenery practically in our backyard and are just discovering it. I still need to take in those sights...

Kumi said...

Was the weather that nice there?