Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My new "yak"

I've wanted a kayak for years, even though I only remembering kayaking once in my life on a short vacation in Hawaii years ago. One of my goals for 2010 is to spend more time doing recreational things outdoors -fishing, kayaking, hiking, etc. I often strolled by the EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) in the mall whenever I was nearby, so when they had some of last years kayaks on clearance for nearly 1/2 off, I couldn't resist.

Taking the kayak out on a river or lake is forthcoming, but I failed to realize how much kayak accessories are! Paddles, roof racks, etc, were alot more than I wanted to spend, but what good is a kayak without a paddle or a safe way to transport it, right. Regardless, I reluctantly bought all the bells and whistles needed and can't wait for the weather to warm up even more! Luckily I have another good friend with a kayak and we plan on a handful of fishing excursions this summer.

Here she is:






I hope the kayak doesn't fly off my truck when I finally get around to getting on the highway!

1 comment:

Eric and Hayley said...

I am so jealous! I have wanted a kayak for so long. We even rented kayaks from the Univ. of Utah just so I could show Eric how much fun they were....let's just say he didn't share my passion.