Monday, July 27, 2009

Red Sox Game #2

CG: "Chris, I have an extra ticket to the RED SOX game on Saturday, wanna go?"

CS: "Do bears crap in the woods?"

CG: "I take that as a yes."

CS: "How much do I owe you for the ticket?"

CG: "Don't worry about it. My treat!"

Ok, well that is not exactly how the conversation went, but when a close friend offered me an extra ticket to go watch the Red Sox at Fenway, I cheerfully accepted, of course. I hadn't sat in the bleacher section at Fenway since I was a kid, but this time around the view wasn't nearly as bad as I remember. Granted, there were a few hits to deep center, including Big Papi's 3-run homerun, that I couldn't see, but overall the weather was great, the game was better, and the company was entertaining.

It was LDS night that night, so there were alot of soda-drinking, casserole loving, ice cream devouring, BYU graduating, Eagle Scout earning, cleanly-shaven, down to your knees short wearing, clean cut men and women there. Ironically, the pitcher that night for the Orioles was Jeremy Guthrie, an LDS guy himself. Jeremy actually went to BYU his freshman year before transferring to Stanford. We both were actually in the Missionary Training Center at the same time preparing for our missions, so we chatted a number of times and shared a mutual friend, Isabella. LDS ties aside, I'm still glad the Red Sox pounded him!


The view of the field from the bleachers.


Caro, David, me, Ben


I don't even remember this picture being taken. I'm sure I was pondering something like this..."When did I get so old? Most of the Red Sox players are younger than me!?!"


Wyatt was getting tired, needed some help getting around after the game.


Caro in one of her rare moments when she's not rolling her eyes at me.

Caro (bottom right) with her cousin (bottom left) with two boys she used to nanny for: David and Wyatt. Alex (the boy's dad) is in the back.

1 comment:

The Greenwoods said...

Looks like fun! Since we've moved to LA--we get to see the Dodgers quite a bit. How funny that you had Mormon Night at Fenway! The Dodger's Mormon Night was last night. We were bummed we couldn't make it--but hopefully we'll see the game on Saturday night! Looks like you had a good time though!