Monday, July 6, 2009

Fore!

Thank goodness for long holiday weekends! Last Friday was a day-off from work due to the observance of the 4th of July, so what better way to celebrate than to plan golf? We traded our usual Saturday tee time for Friday and teed off around 7am at Campbell's Scottish Highlands in Salem, NH. The course was soaked due to the near month-straight incessant rainfall we've received. Needless to say, the course was tough due to its dampness, but still enjoyable. As usual, I missed my scoring goal of being under 100, but any day I don't snap a golf club in half out of frustration is a good day! (Actually, I have never done that - I'm much too cheap and would hate buying new clubs!)

Shortly after we finished the first round at Campbell's, my golf partner, Scott, suggested that we go play a second round at Merrimack - a course that I have never played, but is only about 1/2 mile from my house! The course has been completely remodeled and was still in the process of being finished up, but despite eight par 3's, it was a much better course than either of us expected.

The day ended with us playing golf until 5:30, nearly 11 hours of golf for the day. I've never played that much golf in a week, never mind one day!

Here are some random golf pics. Not all of these are necessarily from Friday:


Merrimack -the couse less than a mile from my house.


My balls are glorious!





2 comments:

MamaM said...

Are you picking your butt in that picture? How lovely.

Chris said...

No, I'm not picking my butt! I'm actually holding a chunk of grass in my right hand!