Monday, July 13, 2009

Tree Fallin'

If you lived in New England in December of last year, the ice storm we had was still a fairly recent memory. Nearly everyone had branches/trees fall in their yards. Even the roads were covered with debris and fallen phone/power lines.

A large branch had fallen on the roof at that time, but considering what could've happened, I was fortunate nothing worse happened. Regardless, since that infamous ice storm, one tree on the left side of the house had been damaged and has been precariously learning over the house ever since. The tree seemed to learn over the house a little bit more each week, and during a few recent thunderstorms I found myself a bit nervous as I laid in bed. If the tree were to fall on the house, my room would've been the unfortunate recipient of the brunt of the force - not something I want to walk up to!

Well, I finally for around to getting a tree removal service out to get rid of the leaning tree and one other large branch from another tree. Although it was only one large tree, is seemed to clear a huge part of the left side of the house. It almost looks like a new yard on the left side!



1 comment:

MamaM said...

What's that new little tree? It's planted even closer to the house than the one that fell.