Monday, July 13, 2009

4th of July

Ok, a little late....

I've only seen the Boston fireworks on the Charles River live and in-person once before in my life - when I was 19 right before I was headed off to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) and then off to Japan. When I moved back last summer, the 4th of July weekend was my first weekend in town after transplanting from Arizona. This most recent 4th of July marked one year for me being back east! Time flies.

Lumina is a good friend who spearheads alot of get-togethers. I'm more passive in my attempts to get people together so its good to have friends like Lumina who can make things happen. I just get the invites. Lumina and her boyfriend Rene were kind enough to stake out spots on the coveted lawn areas right next to the Charles River - prime real estate for watching the fireworks.

It was great to be with friends this night was we listened to the Boston Pops, Neil Diamond, and others perform on a near perfect night in the city.


Riding the T on my way to Cambridge


Rene, Me, Scott...with dinner.




The always happy couple, Rene and Lumina.


Me, Christina, Rene, Lumina.

Christina, Carolina, Lumina.


Caro insisted on dancing to some of the songs.

1 comment:

The Greenwoods said...

Wow! Now those are some fireworks! Gotta love a little Neil Diamond on the Fourth!