Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pit Stop #2 in Washington DC

The cross-country final leg was coming close with a trip to Washington DC. I was excited to see my older sister, Elaine, her hubby Mike, and their 9-month old baby, Mayumi. I had only had one other chance to see Mayumi (Maya for short) last Christmas in Salt Lake City. She has grown quite a bit since I had seen her last! One of Maya's favorite things to do is look in the mirror - a trait that undoubtedly comes from Elaine!

I also spend some time with an old college friend, Dave Adams, but afterwards realized I didn't take any pictures with him. We, did, however, get a picture of the Homeless World Cup of Soccer. That's right - the HOMELESS World Cup. I was baffled that an international homeless sporting event was even in existance, but I guess anything to help the homeless is a good thing. Very interesting sporting event, to say the least!


The Homeless World Cup of Soccer. Definitely not the most thrilling sporting even I have ever been to.


PNC Ballpark after the sun went down.


PNC Ballpark


Mike Qualter and I at PNC ballpark soaking in a National vs. Orioles baseball game. One more stadium checked off my list! We got great seats for free from one of Mike's lawyer friends. I should've went to Law School.


Dad roaming around the Air and Space Museum


Mike holding Maya as Elaine enjoys the Air and Space Museum


Mike, Elaine and Maya, and Dad walking the Mall


Mike and Maya at the Food Court at the Air and Space Museum


I know my face is cut off, but Maya is so cute!

Maya exploring my suitcase


Maya and I at the National Gallery.

Not the best picture ever taken.

1 comment:

the hooligan said...

That picture in front of the fountain is at the National Gallery's West Wing building. Unfortunately we nver made it to the Museum of Natural History...