Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Moving back East!

Well, it became official a few weeks ago -moving back to Boston. It had been roughly 11 years since I had lived in the Boston area, but many things transpired that I couldn't turn down a golden opportunity to move back to my roots.


It was tough leaving good friends on such short notice. I didn't even get a chance to say bye to some friends and apologize for the super quick move, but I only had a short window of time for the drive back east.


I miss AZ tremendously - mostly the friends ( I don't miss the heat!). I was, however, able to play in one last baseball game with my team before heading off for the cross-country trek. It still hasn't sunk in the I actually made the move back east.

I'm not sure how long I'll be in New England. It seems as though nothing turns out the way I had planned, but I think it usually works out for the best in my case. It's a bit tough getting started all over. Even though I grew up here, so much has changed, and, unfortunately, I haven't kept in touch with many friends since I originally left the area back in 1997. But here's to new friends and semi-new life!


So far I've been busy unpacking and getting settled into my new surroundings and just started a new job today. So far, so good!


Monday, June 23. My truck with Uhaul trailer in tow, ready for the cross-country trip! The truck handled very well cross-country and had no problems on the road (thank goodness!).


Dad doing what he does best! The plan was to take turns driving, but it turns out that I really didn't get tired much and ended up driving 100% of the time while Dad played navigator (and dreamer!).


Saying bye to one of my best friends, Hannah, before the drive to Boston.




1 comment:

LagaFamily said...

Hey! I had no idea you were moving back to Boston! I'm jealous, that is one city I haven't been to. What are you up to there? Work? Hope to hear from you soon!