Tuesday, September 22, 2009

U2

Like most other people, I'm a big fan of music. I probably value my iPod more than my cell phone. I've been a fan of U2 for years and have always wanted to see them live. Some friends and I bought our tickets months ago and the day finally arrived to see them perform at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, home of the New England Patriots. Even though I have been a lifelong Patriots fan, this was my first time ever seeing Gillette Stadium, too! (or the old Foxboro Stadium, for that matter).

The traffic down to Foxboro was horrendous - the last 10 miles or so probably took us about an hour. After playing $40 (!!!) for parking and walking 15 minutes to the stadium, we arrived just before U2 came on stage. They played alot of their newer stuff to start, which, unfortunately, I didn't know that well, but towards the end of their performance they played more of there older (better?) songs. Unfortunately, the horror of the commute to the stadium was more than enough persuasion to prompt us to leave the concert early to avoid the gridlock that would inevitable follow. That said, we missed the last hour or so of the concert, but did avoid the frustration of post-concert traffic.

All in all it was a good concert even though much of the music sounded echoey (did I just make up that word?), but maybe that was just a result of our nose-bleed seats!

Some pictures:


Our tickets!


Anita, Carolina, and me.


Everybody, including random guy on the right.


Wendy, Rene, Lumina.


U2's 40 million dollar stage!



5 comments:

Carolina said...

You are too sweet! You did not mention that I added more stress to the evening for not listening. You did tell me several times that day to go and fill my car's gas tank :-(

Grasshopper said...

shut up! i didn't know you hd tix for the u2 concert!!! they just played here last night and i was so envious of everyone i saw on the metro headed out to the redskins stadium. i can't believe you left early... i would've milked it for every second of music - traffic be damned!!!

MamaM said...

I also can't believe you left early. What a party pooper! Traffic is just part of the deal. You guys should have brought games to play after to pass time sitting in gridlock.

Kendra said...

Yes, the encore of a U2 concert is always the best! I drove right by the exit on my business trip and I was so jealous...

Unknown said...

Best band ever, and yes, the older music is way better.