Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Martha's Vineyard

Of the two main islands that sit off of Cape Cod, I had been to Nantucket about 6 years ago with my good friend, Hayley, but I had yet to see Martha's Vineyard until last weekend. A group of six of us rented a room at a hostel for a night and ventured for much of the time without a plan. We rented scooters for the duration which made for easy (but not necessarily safe) travel throughout the island. We relaxed on the beach, ate at local restaurants/shops, and did alot of window shopping


On the 45 minute ferry ride to Martha's Vineyard



On the ferry.



Me and Joe showing off our bellies. Joe wins!



At a local sandwich shop. My hands were full so instead of carrying my moped helmet, it was just easier to wear it.










Not exactly tropical, but the water was actually pretty nice once you got in.








Our shared room in the hostel.



Trying to put on my sweatshirt, but forgetting to realize that I was still wearing my helmet.


Mopeds!







Carolina and I by the gingerbread houses.

3 comments:

Eric and Hayley said...

I haven't read your blog, or anyone's for that matter, in months! Then when I finally do, I see you are dating some beautiful girl!! What's the story on this please? I need to keep reading all of your posts that I've missed.

I hope that you didn't crash the mo-ped like you did in Nantucket...remember that? Fun times!!

P.S. did you read my post yet that we are having a baby? Yay! AND I know I still need to send you the pics from earlier this year when you came to visit. Sadly they are still on my camera!

MamaM said...

I've always wanted to visit MV. Funny how we rarely visit the sites near where we grew up. The mopeds sound like a great way to get around.

Anonymous said...

Nice belly! It's nice to see you with a beautiful girl since you were always a cute and older manager.