Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BYU vs. Oklahoma football game

After last season I've learned to be very cautious of what I say about BYU football in fear of jinxing their season. Of course, I could only hope that what I say or do had any bearing on the outcomes of their games.

It was hard to ignore the hype built around the BYU vs. Oklahoma football game. It was Saturday night's featured game on ESPN and one of a small handful of football games that kicked off the college football season. Oklahoma was favored by 22 points. That was enough to motivate BYU.

I was on a mini-vacation to Martha's Vineyard and dragged Carolina along with me to a few local hot spots that would show the game. She knew I was a fan of BYU football, but never realized to what extent until the game started. I tried my best to include her in my world during the duration of the game, but she quickly realized that her questions and comments would most likely have to wait for a commercial break if it elicited a response. Unfortunately, that will probably be the last time she watches a BYU football game with me. Sigh.

If you're not a college football fan, the details of the game won't matter. If you are a college football fan, you already know the outcome...BYU 14, Oklahoma 13.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/09/06/mandel.overtime/index.html?eref=sihpT1



Coach Bronco Mendenhall celebrates after a BYU goal-line stand.


Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford was knocked out of the game right before the second half, but BYU was already dominating statistically even before 2008's Heisman Trophy winner left with a sprained shoulder.


Max Hall ended up with Player of the Week honors and catapulted himself into Heisman contention after passing for 326 yards and 2 touchdowns.


BYU won despite 4 turnovers!


BYU celebrates it 4th quarter touchdown, giving them the edge, 14-13.

5 comments:

Caro said...

I learned my lesson the hard way! Next time I will bring a book :-)

MamaM said...

Go Cougs!

Anonymous said...

Excuse for that I interfere ?I understand this question. Let's discuss. Write here or in PM.

Anonymous said...

You are mistaken. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Anonymous said...

I do not see your logic