Sunday, June 7, 2009

Trip to Las Vegas - May 2009

I'm not sure how my friends convinced me to go, but I ended up taking a last minute flight to Las Vegas over the Memorial Day holiday. I met up with some friends that I knew when I was living in Arizona. The weekend was sleep-deprived, consisted of alot of loud music, and lounging by pools.

Before we even arrived in Vegas, we had gotten tickets to:
-The Love Fest pool party at the Palms
-The Wet Republic pool party at the MGM Grand
-Tickets to see DJ Tiesto at JET at the Mirage
-Tickets to see Paul Oakenfold at RAIN at the Palms (?, I forget)

Even though this was my fifth time to Vegas, I knew that this partuicular trip would be a challenge keeping up with my party-happy friends, Dave, Mike, and Toby. I did my best, but realized I was definitely not made for the "staying up all night partying and then rinse and repeat tomorrow night" kind of life.

Nevertheless it was "wicked" fun little trip and it was also great to catch up with some old friends from Arizona. What happens in Vegas....well, you know the rest.

I'm still waiting on my friend, Dave, to send me all the pictures he took from the trip, but, I still have a few appropriate ones that should do for now.


The Wet Republic pool party at the MGM.


The Bellagio (we didn't stay here, in case you were wondering). We stayed at Bill's Gambling Hall, which I had never even heard of before, but the location was ideal - right on the strip, next to Flamingo, and kitty-corner from the Bellagio.


Dave, me, Toby, Mike. I got alot of comments when I wore my Red Sox stuff. (Good comments, mostly!)


Dave and one of his new friends from Iowa. I don't know how he does it, but Dave has a nack for going up to any girl and getting them to open up. I need to take some lessons.


Mike (the Catholic), me (the Mormon) and Dave, (the Jew). We are like a walking joke! I'm not sure why I look so grumpy in all these pics. I think it was because I get grumpy when I don't get more than 2 hous of sleep! I'm sure the incessant blaring music didn't help my cause.


I was one of a handful of people there that had no tan whatsoever. There is Boston for ya! Time to go on a diet, too!

Night one. It was good to have a club right in the basement of the hotel you are staying at. Nothing beats just hopping on a elevator and heading up to your room.


I think this picture was taken at JET nightclub at the Palms during the DJ Tiesto show.


At Rain nightclub. I'm sooooo tired...
The last night there was the most interesting and still makes me laugh. We all went to the show together, but all went home seperately. Dave ended up in some random hotel room (that's all I'm telling you!) , Mike nearly got arrested for something that was not his fault and ended up in a random part of Vegas nowhere near us, Toby was nowhere to be found (although more than likely he was stalking out asian girls!), and I ended up at the hotel room sometime after 6am sans any sleep, took a shower and then went straight to the airport to catch my flight home. Once I finally got on the plane, I fell asleep right away. I don't think I have ever been so tired in my life.
The Vegas Memorial Day trip 2010 is already in the works.
More pictures comin soon....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your friend dave is hot.

Chris said...

Dave, is that you?

MamaM said...

Ah, the clubbin' days. Seems so long ago...Hope you boys didn't get into too much trouble.

Chris said...

"I" didn't get into any trouble. I can't speak for anyone else in my party!

Anonymous said...

Yes. Dave is hot!