Sunday, June 7, 2009

My First Red Sox Game (of 2009, that is!)

Yesterday my friend Scott and I decided last minute to go to a Red Sox game at Fenway versus the Texas Rangers. This was the first Red Sox game I had been to since moving back to Boston and the first Red Sox game I had seen at Fenway since the night before Annie was married back in 2005 (?).

Lester had a perfect game going into the 7th inning, but inevitable gave up a few hits before the game was over. The Red Sox still won handedly, 8-1, as Lester went the distance, pitching all 9 innings. I even saw Ortz hit a rare home run.

Our seats definitely weren't the best, but these days you need to pay a small fortune to get good seats at Fenway. Nevertheless, the atmosphere was great, as was the weather. I'm so glad I'm not a Yankees fan.


Scott and I in far left field. My face was so burnt from an earlier round of golf at Campbell's Scottish Highlands golf course in Salem, NH, as well as a few hours of yard work.


Jason Bay in left field.


The greatest park in baseball. We actually switched seats a few times, as a pole (see to the right of the picture) was obstructing our views. Ah, Fenway, gotta love the viewing obstructions!

4 comments:

LagaFamily said...

I'm so jealous! One day I'll get to Fenway. Dave is coming to Bosten this weekend and is planning on going to a game. Glad you had fun!

Mark said...

And I see in the Japanese papers here that Daisuke won his 500th (professional?) game.

MamaD said...

I was married in 2004 so it's been almost 5 years since you've seen a Red Sox game - what kind of fan are you?

Chris said...

Uh, Annie, hello! I've been living in Arizona for the last 5 years! It's not easy catching a game at Fenway when you live 2,500 miles away. And I did, by the way, see the RED SOX when they played the Diamondbacks in Arizona, of course!