Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mom's Flowers

As many of you know, I'm "baby-stting" my parents home while they are enjoying being pseudo-retired and living in Niigata, Japan for the next few years.

I knew the spring and summer would be a bit of a challenge tending to the flowers and garden that my mom would leave behind. I've been doing my best trying to keep up with weeding, watering, ect, and I think I've done a decent job so far. Ironically, I look forward to seeing how the flowers are doing each time I arrive home from work and on most occassions will even spend a few minutes in the flower gardens before I even step in the house. I've even received a few compliments from the neighbors!

A picture of the front flowers next to the driveway. As for the garden out back, well I think I'll spare the horror of having my mother see that.


Mom, if you're wondering where that tree stump went, I ripped it out with my truck!

3 comments:

Kea said...

You must be every mother's dream son!

Mark said...

Thanks for getting the stump out. When your mother widened the flower bed, she just about guaranteed that the rider mower couldn't make it through the space

MamaM said...

It must run in the family! I started gardening this year, too, and I love it! Looks good, Chris.