Sunday, September 28, 2008

Is my life really this boring...

..that I have nothing better to do than write about little projects around the house? My dad recently left for Japan last Wednesday which left me an empty-nester for the first time since moving back to good ol' Methuen. This weekend was especially uneventful, but I really needed this weekend of no social plans so I could get some little projects done around the house as well as cleaning.

some recent projects...


Although I did this a few weeks ago, I added some closet lights to the master bedroom and hard-wired a switch to the entrance of the room. It was another few hours in the attic inhalling more insulation than I would have liked, but the fixtures look good and added some great light to the closet. I can now see what I'm wearing when I get ready for work in the morning. The lights also make good mood-lighting when they are the only lights on in the room.


Even since living in Arizona, I've become a big fan of ceiling fans/lights. I hate having floor fans all over the place. Like the closet lights, this required some time in the attic. When I was installing ceiling fans in my house in AZ, I made the big mistake of not installing a remote controls with the fixture. I remember countless nights when I was half asleep and had to crawl out of bed to turn the light off. This time, I installed a remote control for the fixture and have used it everynight!


The old bamboo-ish shades that were in the theater room looked nice, but at night, they didn't provide much privacy, as anyone walking down the street could see right into the house. I decided to get some new shades, providing some much needed privacy. I also added the window treatments that my mother was nice enough to leave behind.

3 comments:

Kea said...

I like reading your blog Chris. There's lots in that brain of yours to blog about :)

Kea said...

Bummers to hear that! If you don't want yours, you should sell it on craigslist. They really hold their value so you could sell it for like 40 dollars of the store price and someone would still buy it. Or you can save it and give it to your future wife. It's most girls' dream thing to have :)

Good job with all the house projects!

MamaM said...

Thank goodness you finally have mood lighting...