Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Whale Watching

A few friends and I got together and went whale watching. Although I had gone whale watching once before off the San Diego coast, this was actually my first time whale watching in New England. The boat left Gloucester, MA and took us some distance out into the ocean where we followed three whales for a few hours. Although it was interesting to see, whales aren't the most active animals and besides a few extended rolls from ocean to surface back into the water, it was difficult to see more than a small section of their backs.

The tour guides were helpful with their whale expertise, but they weren't too amused when I asked where they kept the harpoons.


Pre-whale watch nap.








Napping, part deux. (and yes, my receding hairline is getting out of control. Sigh.)

2 comments:

Kea said...

Go do that hair transplant thing that Jon Gosselin got done!

Chris said...

hair transplant? Yeah, right! I'm too cheap....I'll just be graceful about it and shave my head. no comb-overs here!