Thursday, October 22, 2009

Projects, projects, projects!

I think I was a carpenter in another life. I love working with my hands. And tools....what guy doesn't like tools!?! In addition, we all like the satisfaction of "doing it ourselves" right?

With my parents in Japan, they've pretty much given me free roam around the house to do as I please. Besides liking things clean and neat for myself, I want to make sure my parents come home to a nicer house then when they left. I have a lot of ideas for the house, but so far time constraints have those plans mostly in my head and only a few of those projects have come to fruition. I'm way behind on my "to do" list.

However, the current project is a mud/tool room in the basement. Previously, this section of the basement was unfinished and boasted a mix of tools flung on the walls while shoes and other random stuff really didn't have a home. So far, I've added a wall which will separate the tool room from the food storage/laundry area. The drywall is done. The mudding and sanding of the drywall is done. I'm going to put up pegboard throughout for the tools on one side, while making a tidier area for jackets, coats, gloves, etc. Again, I forgot to take "before" pictures, but here is some of the progress so far.


Built-in shelving will go to the right of this wall.


I added this wall to separate the laundry room from the tools, etc.


Tools will go on this wall.

3 comments:

Kea said...

Chris, WTF, how did you learn all of this?! You are so amazing!!!

Chris said...

Im not sure how I learned all this. I think I learned it just from helping other people and just doing it. Get a Home Depot book, look at the pictures, and then try to copy it! I guess that's what I do. it's not as hard as it looks.

MamaM said...

Very impressive. We need you to spend a few weeks at our house...