Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catching up with Kristal

Last weekend an old friend got in touch with me. I had know Kristal from our BYU days. She is originally from Hawaii, but coincidentally her family moved to Cambridge while she was at BYU. We had hung out a few times in Boston over Christmas breaks etc, but I hadn't seen Kristal since before I graduated BYU and moved to Arizona.

We decided to get together on Sunday night and go out to eat at Anthony's Pier 4 - a place that I had wanted to go to since my high school days. It was great catching up chatting with her and her husband, Rich, whom I had know briefly from BYU as well. Kristal's friend, Angel, was also in town for the weekend visiting from Georgia.

On another strange line of coincidences, it turns out that Kristal's dad and my dad actually served in the same LDS mission in Japan in the 70s before we were even born. It sometimes amazes me how small the world can be.

I'm still waiting for a few more pictures from Kristal, but here are some that I took from my Blackberry. Sorry, I'm not in any of these...


Angel and Kristal.


Kristal and Rich