Saturday, May 31, 2008

Just About Finished!

Last weekend I decided to order 10 tons of Sedona Red rock and finish the backyard. I thought 10 tons would be plenty, but we layed it out fairly thick and ended up being about 3 or 4 tons short. The flagstone looks great with the rock around it, and instead of making stairs going up to the deck, I sloped the underlying dirt and the rock to acend to the deck, which ended up being a good call.


The sheperds hooks with the planters and solar lights are cemented into the ground and will never come out! Might as well do it the right way the first time. You can't really tell from the picture, but the flagstone actually rises up to the deck, so its not such a big step up. I think the flowers on my planters are dead. I still need to get something for the big, blue planters on the bottom, but I'm waiting until the fall - the Phoenix sun will kill anything before then.


The Flagstone leading to the grill.


The northeast corner of the yard - pardon the wood pallet and garden tools still laying out. My little orange tree is doing well, but the taller lemon tree is struggling. The cobblestone patio still looks great, and hasn't fallen apart yet - not bad for my first patio.


I hate the hard water in Arizona. No matter how many times I wash off the deck with the garden hose, it always leaves a whitish residue behind.


I still need to order a few more tons of rock for the sides of the house and by the air conditioner.

3 comments:

MamaM said...

Very impressive Kissyfur! If we had a yard, I'd have you come do ours, too.

Grasshopper said...

nice work. maybe you should consider more drought-resistant plants - your back yard would look even better with more greenstuff. i wish you could come help us with our new house...

LagaFamily said...

Looks great! Backyards can be big projects. I love your fruit trees! How funny in the middle of rocks. Hope you are doing well.