Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lone Survivor


Ok, this is near monumental. I don't remember that last time a read a book cover to cover in less than, say, 6 months, but this book was good. My brother in law, Mike Q has a good friend, Scott, down in the Washington DC area that suggested reading LONE SURVIVOR, the story of a US Navy Seals team that was ambushed in Afghanistan. Scott said it was one of the best books he ever read, so I thought I would find it on my next trip to Borders. I don't want to write a book report here, but the book was great, so I'm highly recommending it. Once you get about half-way through the book, you get a clear understanding of why the Navy Seals are the elite of the elite training forces anywhere.


Thumbs up from me!

3 comments:

Kea said...

I'll have to tell Troy to read it. He's a nerd for these kind of books.

MamaD said...

Wow Chris - I didn't know you read.

The Greenwoods said...

My husband read that a couple of months ago and LOVED it!