Thursday, January 29, 2009

NH Stake Basketball Champs

Well, this is hardly anything to hang your hat on, but last weekend, my home church ward asked me to play in a stake basketball tournament in Exeter, NH. Although the tournament had started the week before, I wasn't able to play due to being in New York City. Well, we made it to the losers bracket after going 0-2, but we still had a chance if we won all our games.

We won our first game of the day by 2. We had a pretty good lead at half-time, but nearly coughed up the game.

Game 2 we won by about 6, I think. I got myself kicked out with about a minute left in the game for saying a few, um, R-rated words after nearly getting tackled by an opposing player. I thought some of the wives would be upset at me (being that kids were all around), but later learned afterwards that they thought I was right! Go figure.

The Lawrence team was the team to beat in the tournament. They were 5-0 and eager to play their next door neighbors. Well, long story short, we beat them by 12. I don't think we had a guy on our team younger than 29. I don't think Lawrence had a kid on their team older than, say, 24. It was good to beat the young guys!

Although the competition was nothing to write home about it was great just being a little competitive for a while and playing with good teammates. I heard Regionals are in March.


It's only a coincidence that I'm the only one wearing a dark shirt in the picture. We had jerseys during the game, anyways.

Needless to say, three basketball games in one day takes its toll on the body. to say my body ached on Sunday would be an understatement. 29 is hardly old, but my legs are well underway from disobeying what my mind tells them to do.

2 comments:

The Greenwoods said...

Hey Chris. Who is the guy on the bottom left hand corner of your basketball picture? He looks like a friend from high school! That would be hilarious if it was really him!!

The Greenwoods said...

Nevermind--I maximized the picture--and it isn't him! Sorry to bug!